Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The third grade

I remember, extremely vividly, a scene in third grade:

Everyone was sitting cross-legged in the sitting area in the classroom, and we were discussing something. And I remember I had something to say, and my arm shot up. The teacher called on me, but I couldn't talk... because some joke had been uttered right before and my classmates around me were hoff-hoffing and all at it. The teacher had to quiet them down before I was able to speak.

And I always used to know what it was I said right then. It was one of those things which you think you will always remember... you just don't have to think about it because it will always be there, in the back of your mind.

But one day, I thought of the situation, and I forgot what it was I said.


I remember everything preceding it, but not the it.



I want to know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment