Saturday, March 21, 2009

An Invitation to Deviance

So yesterday, we had a substitute in sociology class. We had to take a quiz, and it was on social deviance. And, yes, this little story has a punchline and it has a point and it is not me just prattling along aimlessly about boring shit (Ha! Like I'd ever!).

Here it is: as he was handing out the exams, he quipped to the class, "If any of you can't remember any of the answers, well... just think of the weekend!"

I thought it was fucking hilarious, but apparently nobody else. It also made me a little sad though too, because I would fail if I thought of pairing my weekend with social deviance, and others would probably ace it...

Plus, when I asked to go to the bathroom, this sub responded, "Of course," which is a very refreshing answer to the normal--and very trite, might I add-- "Sures" and "Yeahs" and "You have ten seconds starting nows," so thus, this substitute was very cool, in my book.


Yeah.




P.S. I have always said substitute with one t, as in SUB-SIH-TUTE, instead of SUB-STIH-TUTE... what the hell's wrong with me??

No comments:

Post a Comment