Thursday, March 19, 2009

I'm sorry, there is a barrier ahead

Today I was walking down the hallway to get to my first hour class. Apparently the kids in this hallway think it's fashionable to completely clog up the walkway so that when people want to get by, they have to bump and push and shove just to get through. Now I think that this is just a wee bit worthy of complaint, but I'm probably way off base and these kids visions' are truly correct, not mine, not whatsoever.

Anyways, I was dodging through the cluster of kids, and, since my options were really running low, I was forced to opt to walk over a few girls' outstretched legs who were sitting down against the wall.

I guess fending for yourself to get through the hallway to your class isn't agreeable, for one of the girls spat out to me after I had stepped through the obstacle course that was their legs, in a really acrimonious tone, "Thank you!"

And I replied, all bitter-like with a mocking, "No problem!"

Seriously people, I don't want to be a dick. I want to be far from it, actually. But when you say stupid shit like this... well... (I wasn't even being a dick, really, so..)

The appropriate response from me, however, would have been to feign that I had forgotten something in the other direction and proceed to trample on top of their legs a few times, putting some real flip force into each and every step.

I really should have done that.

No comments:

Post a Comment