Saturday, March 14, 2009

The day my world turned upside down

was the day I found out the real pronunciations of the words "poignant" and "psyche". Previously, like a doofus, I would said "poy-GANT" and "psych," but then I learned the correct sayings of "POY-nee-ent" and "psych-EE". And I realized that, maybe, I could be doing this with a bunch of other words, and eventually it will all catch up to me and someone will publicly stone me for mispronouncing a word.

It isn't my fault though. I see these words in books or something, and never quite get the adequate introduction of someone speaking them.

Therefore, I think the audio book tapes could run an successful advertising campaign along the lines of "Hear the correct pronunciations of words... and not how your idiot imagination thinks."

I think something like that would boost sales dramatically.

No comments:

Post a Comment