Saturday, February 27, 2010

I was just sitting in bed after waking up from a nap, listening to Bob Dylan's John Wesley Harding right after a friend just flaked out on me. We had made plans the day before, then he just notified me that "Oh, I totally forgot about that. We'll do that some other time." And it's not like me listening to Bob Dylan's John Wesley Harding is me crying in my pillow. I just woke up from a nap. Those times are the best to just sit still and look out the window--especially accompanied by some Bobby D. And it also was a chance to get over the brackish, bitter taste in my mind.

I think I value friendship too much, I value the connections between myself and other people, to the point where it just leads to some sort of downfall. It's really a paradox of sorts; ironic. I don't know which one it would be, a paradox or irony. Both, I suppose. It just seems that I hold certain things to high. I hold someone saying "Let's do something soon" as absolute truth, and we'll do something. But maybe I should take it with a grain of salt and realize that that is just what people say. It's in their nature of conversation, and really doesn't mean what it means.

Or maybe I just have bad friends.

1 comment:

  1. Just to be clear, I didn't cancel on you that day, did I?

    and yea, you mostly have bad friends...




    I like this post though. I think that you're looking for some ideal, some place in time that never existed, and you're never going to find it. That is what I think anyways.

    ReplyDelete